LIMITED STAY VISA
The Limited Stay Visa is a single entry visa for a visit that is related to work and to other purposes such as investment, research, family unification, performance, sport, social activities, retired/senior citizen, etc. The Limited Stay Visa will be granted upon authorization from the Indonesian Immigration in Indonesia.
To initiate and to expedite the process of the Authorization, it is advisable that the sponsor/individual/organization in Indonesia submit the request for the applicant's authorization from the Directorate General of Immigration in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The holder of the Limited Stay Visa is able to extend the visa and to obtain the temporary permit (KIMS/KITAS) once he/she arrives in Indonesia. The single/multiple exit and re-entry permit are able to obtain from the Immigration if the holder of the Limited Stay Visa is planning to exit and re-enter Indonesia within the period of valid stay permit.
The Visa processing completed in three working days or longer, starting the date when the visa application dropped off directly (by hand) at the Visa Window, Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia. However, it takes five working days or longer when the visa application obtained by mail/package, starting the date when we received the visa application.
Please be advised that Indonesian Visa must be used within 90 (ninety) days from the Date of Issuance.
|The requirements for Limited Stay Visa:
- Application form (in duplicate) must be completed and signed by the applicant. The application form could be downloaded from the website.
- Original passport contains at least one blank visa page. Amendment and endorsement pages cannot be used for visa purposes. No passport, no visa.
- Expiration date of the passport must be at least 6 months at the date of entry into Indonesia.
- Two recent color photographs (passport size) on picture-quality papers with clear background.
- Before you send all your documents, please remember that the Authorization is already received by the Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia in Washington, D.C.
- Please make sure that Notification/Pemberitahuan of the Authorization should be stated: Perwakilan R.I. di : WASHINGTON
- For Visa application by mail, please read carefully:
- Visa application by mail should enclose a self-stamped and addressed envelope for Express Mail only from United States Postal Services (USPS). The embassy of Indonesia will not process a visa application by mail unless there is an enclosed a self-stamped return envelope. The Embassy of Indonesia is not responsible for any applications or passports that are lost in transit.
- Before you send all your documents, please remember that the Authorization is already received by the Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia in Washington, D.C. Please make sure also that Notification/Pemberitahuan of the Authorization should be stated:
- Perwakilan R.I. di : WASHINGTON
- Jenis Visa : VISA TINGGAL TERBATAS
- Tanggal : (date of approval of the Authorization)
- Also remember that amendment and endorsement pages cannot be used for visa purposes. Check your passport for a blank visa page. Please be advised that we will return your application and passport if we found there are no blank visa pages on the passport. This would delay your application processing. Please remember to address the envelope to:
Consular Division (Visa), Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia
2020 Massachusetts Avenue, NW Washington, D.C. 20036
- Inoculation is recommended but not mandatory, and is required only if applicant had previously traveled to areas/ countries infected by yellow fever.
- Applicants under 18 years of age should attach a notarized copy of birth certificate. Notarized letter of consent signed by non-traveling parents/ guardian must be attached if the applicant under 18 years of age travels without the parents.
Visa fee may be paid by Cash, Money Order from US Postal Service or Company Check, payable to Embassy of Indonesia. Cash may be used only if applicant applies in person at the Embassy. Personal Check would not be accepted.
Fees for Limited Stay Visa are as follows:
- Up to 6 (six) months: US$50.00
- Up to 1 (one) year: US$100.00
- Up to 2 (two) years: US$175.00
Visa Fee may be paid by Cashier Check, Money Order from US Postal Service or Company Check payable to Embassy of Indonesia. Cash and Personal Check would not be accepted.
The Length of Stay that can be obtained by the Applicant is stated in the Notification of Authorization. For example:
30 Hari = 30 Days
60 Hari = 60 Days
10 Bulan = 10 Months
12 Bulan = 12 Months
Please be advised that all Indonesian Representative (Embassy or Consulate Generals) hold the right to deny any applicant that deemed ineligible without disclosing the reason.
The Visa processing completed in three working days, starting the date when the visa application dropped off directly (by hand) at the Visa Window, Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia. However, it takes five working days or longer when the visa application obtained by mail/package, starting the date when we received the mail/package.