If you would like to expand your US-based business in Indonesia and establish representation in Indonesia (as Representative/Agent/Distributor), please follow the following steps:
(TRADE MINISTER REGULATIONS NO. 10/2006 and 11/2006)
- For appointment of Sales Agent or Distributor:
– A certified copy of agreement between the U.S. Company (as principal) and Indonesian Company, with contents such as products, territory, right and obligation of each party, authority, term of agreement, means of settlement, dispute resolution, law in used and period of completion, etc.
– A recent certified copy of the Article of Incorporation from the State where the company registered as a good standing, and/or recognition by the Trade Association/Chamber of Commerce in their state as a good standing company.
- For Opening a Representative Office:
– Letter of Intent to the Government of Indonesia, desiring to open the representative office in Indonesia
– Letter of Appointment, for the person who will engage in Indonesia as a representative officer, which must contain his permanent address.
– Letter of Statement, specifying the activities of the representative who will engage in Indonesia (signed by himself.) Note: As representative he/she shall not involve any business out of his duty – such as selling or signing any contract transaction, is prohibited by Government of Indonesia.
– The above three letters should be address to the Director of Domestic Business Development and Enterprise Registration, Ministry of trade.
- For both 1 and 2 above:
– An application form of “statement of the company abroad” has to be signed, name and title by the company’s executive and notarized by the Notary Public. The Form can be obtained from the Commercial Attaché.
- Send a copy of each document above along with the application form to the Commercial Attaché, Embassy of Indonesia. A self-addressed envelope with stamp or a prepaid airway bill of FedEx/UPS/USPS should be enclosed for returning the documents to you.
- Once the Embassy received the above documents, it takes 3-5 business days to process. Based on the information on the application given, the Embassy will issue and send to you the legalized certified letter as required for you to send it to your sales agent/distributor/representative in Indonesia for further processing. It is free of charge!
Please submit your application and documents to:
Mr. Reza Pahlevi
Embassy of Indonesia
2020 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20036
For inquiries or more information, please contact:
Mr. Harry Tirtakusumah
Staff Member of Commercial Attaché
Phone: (202) 775-5353
Fax: (202) 775-5354