Diplomatic visa is a visa issued for foreign citizens bearing diplomatic passport, for the conduct of diplomatic duties/assignments in Indonesia.
Service Visa is a visa issued for foreign citizens bearing service passport/Laissez-Passer United Nations, for the conduct of non-diplomatic duties/assignments in Indonesia.
Based on reciprocity, the diplomatic and service visas for US citizens are free of charge, provided that the applicant is eligible and all requirements are met. For other foreign nationals, please contact us at (202) 775 5279/5244.
Beginning January 12, 2015, all diplomatic and service visa application submitted to the Consular Office of the Republic of Indonesia must enclose a diplomatic note from official agencies/missions/international organizations. The diplomatic note must include the following information concerning the principal applicant for all diplomatic and service visas, whether for temporary visits or assignments:
- Name and date of birth;
- Position and title;
- Place of assignment or visit;
- Purpose of travel;
- Brief description of duties;
- Travel date;
- Anticipated length of stay; and
- The names, relationships, dates of birth, and travel dates of any dependents and other members of household who will be accompanying or joining the principal.
The diplomatic note shall be attached to an Online Application enclosed with:
- A passport with at least 6 months validity from the date of entry into Indonesia, which has at least one blank page for visa (amendment and endorsement pages cannot be used for visa); and
- Two recent color photographs (passport size) on picture-quality paper.
Note: Do not staple or affixed the photographs on the form.
Application submitted without complete requirements will be returned without processing.